0 0 Julie Surjan /wp-content/uploads/2017/11/VMC_Hamburger_Logo_Blue-1.svg Julie Surjan2017-08-07 14:57:222017-12-19 16:18:15The Hero Squad
The Hero Squad
Are you a volunteer superhero? Are you a people person who loves to be social? Do you want to attend fun local events for free? If so, join the Hero Squad!
We’re a team of outgoing, fun individuals who like having fun as well as making a difference. We are looking to expand our Hero Squad with more like-minded individuals and hopefully you will be one of them!
The Heroes Run is a 5k, Fun Run, and Obstacle Course created in partnership by the VMC Foundation, Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office and the Santa Clara County Fire Department. The Heroes Run raises funds on behalf of Santa Clara Valley Medical Center and directly benefits children’s health services. This year marks the 5th year of the Heroes Run, and it’s expected to be the biggest one yet.
Volunteer Position Description:
The Hero Squad is a group of volunteers who are committed to the Heroes Run and its mission. Volunteers will be asked to attend monthly meetings where we discuss outreach strategies and opportunities to promote the Heroes Run. Small teams of Hero Squad members will lead initiatives to raise money and gain participants by attending local events and spreading the word. Other outreach strategies will also be implemented as discussed in monthly meetings. These can be as simple as putting flyers on cars, organizing radio ads, to even setting up booths at other runs to promote the Heroes Run. Know that we will ask you to wear a hero costume, or at minimum a Heroes Run t-shirt! (if you don’t have your own, we will provide one!)
· An outgoing personality and ability to engage with potential registrants.
· Ability to quickly learn about the Heroes Run in order to correctly answer questions.
· Available to attend some evening and weekend events.
· 2 free Heroes Run registrations for you and a friend
· Paid entry for you and a friend to attend events where you are promoting the Heroes Run
· Snacks will be provided at monthly meetings
· Free Heroes Run swag
· Pride knowing that you are helping make Santa Clara County a better place by supporting our public hospital. The only hospital that accepts everyone regardless of ability to pay.
· August through November
· Attend Monthly Meetings
· Promote the Heroes Run twice a month at various events or in various forms
· Communicate efforts and results with the Heroes Run manager
Be a hero and join us!
If interested, email Ignacio at Ignacio.Vallejo@hhs.sccgov.org
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!