Tribute to Heroes
A Black Tie Affair
Tribute to Heroes – A Black Tie Affair is happening at Hayes Mansion, San Jose on September 25th.
Featuring a special tribute to Carl Guardino and Chris Wilder
Set amongst the stars, this black tie event will give tribute to our local heroes who helped us weather the pandemic and supported our frontline staff. This last year has affected everyone and we will acknowledge the bravery, the sacrifices, the giving, the compassion, the community, and the heroes who fought together in solidarity. It will be an evening of celebration and fun as we are finally able to be together, IN PERSON. Don’t miss this magical evening of delicious food, fine wines, silent and live auctions, music by The Joint Chiefs, and a worthy cause.
While we have many people to thank, and many stories to share, there are two heroes who will be getting special recognition because of their unique and outsized contributions to our organization; Carl Guardino and Chris Wilder. Join us as we honor these champions.
What: Tribute to Heroes – A Black Tie Affair
When: September 25, 2021 at 5:30PM
Why: Celebrate and honor local heroes while raising funds to continue the fight.
Wear: For ideas on what to wear, visit our Pinterest page.
Stay: Discounts are available for those who wish to stay the night at Hayes Mansion. Mention our group rate when booking.
COVID Protocols: We can’t wait to welcome you with open arms to our 2021 gala, Tribute to Heroes – A Black Tie Affair. While the event will be held entirely outdoors, we are implementing additional safety requirements as follows.
- Proof of vaccination will be required for all guests, volunteers, and vendors.
- Masks will be required when not eating or drinking.
- Tables will be distanced from each other.
For questions on vaccination or masks, please see additional information below.
SCVMC Medical Executive Committee, Inc.
Silicon Valley Community Foundation
|Santa Clara Family Health Plan|
|Healthier Kids Foundation||
SCVMC Executive Leadership
Burrell School Vineyards & Winery
|SCVMC Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – Dr. Priya Jegatheesan|
|Della Maggiore Designs||
SCVMC Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – Dr. SudhaRani Narasimhan
|SCVMC Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – Dr. Dongli Song|
SCVMC Sobrato Cancer Center
Anita Maria Elliott
|SCVMC Volunteer Services – Christina Egan and Kimberly Lopez|
Technology Credit Union
FIRST 5 Santa Clara County
|The Health Trust|
Toeniskoetter Family Foundation
Health Net, LLC.
|Vintage Wine Merchants|
|Heritage Bank of Commerce||
|Hugh Stuart Charitable Trust||
Valley Physicians Group
|Joseph George Fine Wines||
|Gary & Janet Lee and Jim Lewis||
Proof of Full Vaccination:
- Every individual must show proof that they are fully vaccinated at the time of their entry into the event. You may present a physical vaccination card; a clear, legible photo of your vaccination card; or a digital vaccine record. California residents may obtain a digital vaccine record at http://MyVaccineRecord.cdph.ca.gov.
- “Fully vaccinated” means that it has been 14 days since your second dose of a WHO or FDA-approved two-dose vaccine (e.g. the Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna vaccine), or 14 days since your sole dose of a WHO or FDA-approved single-dose vaccine (e.g. the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine).
- Vaccines are readily available at no cost. Please visit sccfreevax.org for more information
Face coverings must be worn at all times, when not eating or drinking, with exceptions made only for our performers and speakers (who are fully vaccinated) when they are on stage. All face coverings, whether disposable or reusable, must:
- Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material.
- Fully cover the nose and mouth, and secure under the chin.
- Fit snugly against the side of the face.
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the wearer to remain hands-free.
At this time, neck gaiters, plastic face shields, open-chin designs, triangle bandanas, and/or face coverings containing valves, mesh material, or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.