World AIDS Day Silicon Valley 2012
Poster & Video Contest
Presented by the Ira Greene Partners for AIDS Care and Education (PACE) Clinic and the VMC Foundation.
Are you passionate about educating your peers about the importance of getting tested for HIV/AIDS? Do you like to act or sketch? We are now accepting entry forms for the 2012 World AIDS Day poster and video contest!
The Poster & Video Contest aims to educate our younger generation about the importance of getting tested for HIV/AIDS. Did you know that in 2010, there were 818 reported cases of people living with HIV and 2,193 reported cases of people living with AIDS in Santa Clara County (Santa Clara County 2012-2014). Be the voice and get involved in advocating your generation to get tested!
- 9/9: Video & Poster Contest Launch
- 11/26: Video & Poster Contest Submission Deadline
- 11/26 – 11/28: Poster & Video Judging
- 11/30: Notification of Winners
- 12/1: World AIDS Day Event and acknowledgement of winners at Santa Clara University
The Prizes: Grand prize winner(s) in the high school category and college category will have their video and poster published on a website. Top winners will also receive a tablet or MP3 player. They will also receive a prize that may include a gift card or electronics. Runner-ups will receive a gift card.
Eligibility requirements: Teens and young adults between the ages of 13-24* are eligible to participate in the video contest. You may enter the video contest as an individual or in a group (maximum 4). The poster contest is an individual contest. You must be a resident of Santa Clara County. Winners must be present at the Worlds AIDS Day event on December 1,2012 at Santa Clara University. Submissions can be in your native language.
*In order to participate you must be minimum of a freshmen in high school
Completed submissions can be turned in at the following places:
- The VMC Foundation Office (2400 Moorpark Ave. Suite 207, San Jose, CA)
- Palo Alto Unified School District Office (25 Churchill Ave. Palo Alto, CA)
- Campbell Union High School District (3235 Union Avenue, San Jose, CA)
- The Billy DeFrank Center (938 The Alameda, San Jose, CA)
Poster/ Video Slogans: Choose at least one or more of the following:
- Be the generation (AIDS free generation)
- AIDS: prevention is the only cure
- Stamp out stigma
- Take charge. Take the test.
To download a copy of the contest requirements, click here.
To donate to World AIDS Day Silicon Valley, click here.
Details about the World AIDS Day event on December 1st at Santa Clara University will be posted soon.Questions? Contact SCCWorldAIDSDay@gmail.com.