Our Code of Ethics.
The Valley Medical Center Foundation abides by a Code of Ethics that shapes our work and the manner in which we conduct our work.
- Respect for the communities we work with and serve.
- Integrity in our actions.
- Responsibility for our decisions and their consequences.
We are committed to:
- Acting honestly, truthfully and with integrity in all our transactions and dealings.
- Avoiding conflicts of interest.
- Appropriately handling actual or apparent conflicts of interest in our relationships.
- Treating our employees, Valley Medical Center staff, and other stakeholders fairly.
- Treating every individual with dignity and respect.
- Treating our employees with respect, fairness and good faith and providing conditions of employment that safeguard their rights and welfare.
- Being a good corporate citizen and complying with both the spirit and the letter of the law.
- Acting responsibly toward the communities in which we work and for the benefit of the communities that we serve.
- Being responsible, transparent and accountable for all of our actions.
- Improving the accountability, transparency, ethical conduct and effectiveness of the nonprofit field.
VMC Foundation Board and Directors and employees comply with a Conflict of Interest policy which is reviewed and acknowledged/signed annually. The purpose of the Conflict of Interest policy is to prevent the personal interest of staff and board members from interfering with the performance of their duties to the VMC Foundation, or result in personal financial, professional, or political gain on the part of such persons at the expense of the VMC Foundation, or its members, supporters, and other stakeholders.
In addition, the VMC Foundation has an External Grievance Policy in place so that members of the community may raise and share concerns at any time. Read the full policy here. Members of the public may contact the VMC Foundation via phone, email, or mail to initiate the grievance process.